Here is a list of items Obama is not doing to restore America in the eyes of the world that Bush got us into.
Everyone has an agenda, axes to grind, and priorities. I too am disappointed that he isn't doing more on some things, spending some of his political capital to clean up W's mess.
Still it's such a huge mess and it can't be done overnight. There is no Samantha (Bewitched) to twitch her nose or a Jeanie to fold her arms, nod her head and make it all go away. It's going to take time and many people are going to be greatly disappointed with the results.
- When I look at the stimulus bill that was passed, it's better than nothing, which is what we've had for eight years.
- When I look at the money mentioned in the upcoming budget for health care, it's better than nothing, which is what we've had for eight years.
- When I look at the time table for removing troops from Iraq, it's better than what we've had for eight years.
- When it comes to cleaning up the Justice Department and human rights abuses, he's moving slower than I'd like, but it's better than what we've had for eight years.
- The stimulus package showed that Republican Governors are still in power and maybe after they commit political suicide by not accepting the money and their unemployed lose out on benefits those states will elect Democrats who understand the power of the people.
- The senate is not filibuster proof. To get anything major passed may not be possible until 2010 when hopefully it will be.
- Bringing criminal charges is not as simple or straight forward as most people think. There is a healthy fear that once the current Democrats are out of power that their replacement Republicans will return the favor. It's understandable, but since Democrats have already been maliciously prosecuted across the country by Rove's minions. The Democrats should pursue charges against those who created the Torture Presidency, and it should start with Rove.